|Efficacy : Honeybush is a rich fund of medicinal folklore which associated with many health benefits, much of which has now been verified by scientific analysis of the unique properties of this herbal infusion. Honeybush tea is a rich natural source of the following nutrients : |
- Sodium necessary for fluid and acid-base balance
- Potassium facilitates metabolic processes
- Calcium builds strong teeth and healthy bones
- Magnesium allows for the maintenance of a healthy nervous system and for other metabolic processes
- Copper necessary for different metabolic processes
- Zinc encourages growth, development and healthy skin
- Manganese essential for metabolic processes and for bone growth and development
- Iron transports oxygen in the blood
- Free radicals are the very unstable compounds that attack DNA, proteins and fatty acids, leading to health problems such as cancer and heart disease. Antioxidants are now known to be potent free radical scavengers. Honeybush tea is rich in antioxidants and makes a wise and healthy addition to your daily diet.
- Mutagenesis is the process whereby the genetic material of a cell is damaged. This process is normally associated with the early stages of cancer as well as the general ageing process. Honeybush tea is scientifically proven to be anti-mutagenic. Specifically, these indigenous plants are rich in phyto-estrogens, which have been positively linked to a reduction in the risk of developing hormone-relate diseases such as breast, prostate and uterine cancer. Phyto-estrogens also help to regulate the menstrual cycle, alleviate symptoms of menopause, prevent osteoporosis, reduce the risk of heart disease and protect against premature ageing.
- Honeybush tea is low in tannin and contains no caffeine.
- Honeybush tea is rich in antioxidants
People who suffer from stomach cramps find these teas to be an extremely effective anti-spasmodics, specifically for mothers of small babies suffering from colic and cramps, as these products are completely natural.